Google Translator

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Baby Shower


Yesterday was my niece's baby shower!  Emma & Dylan are expecting a little girl in January!  My sister's and I were thrilled to be able to help out with the shower invitations!   We used the Sizzix Fold Along owl die.  I think they were so cute!



We help make the party favors too!  These little baby carriages are adorable! We made about 30 of them.  I think the lace edging really added to these buggies.

 We used the template from Niki Estes blog site.  I was able to match the circles with some of the dies I have so we didn't have to cut everything by hand.  You can find the link to the template here-

http://nikiestes.typepad.com/my_paper_creations/2010/01/inside-out-baby.html




Here's what the fleet of carriages looked like at the shower!  They really hold a lot of candy too!


My "thing" is Papercrafting!  I look at each card as a gift of art!  But I have been seeing some pretty amazing decorated cookies on Pinterest lately and I wanted to give it a try! I think cookies can be a little gift of art too.  Well, not sure mine are yet but I am hoping with a little more practice ...mine might be too....Here are some pictures of the process.


 I cooked up a batch of onesies and bottles. This part of the process was fairly easy! I didn't thing decorating them would be too hard.



Next came the icing.  I used a recipe for Royal Icing.  I watched many videos and searched tons of blogs- there are many recipes for Royal Icing but I settled on one that used Meringue Powder.  It was surprisingly good.  I added the dots to the onesies using the Wet on Wet technique.  I am already talking like a cookie baker!!


The most fun was decorating these guys!  I need to practice some more!!  You really need a steady hand.   I am thinking I will give Christmas cookies a try!



Here is what the cookies looked like at the shower.  It took me quite awhile to decorate them but it was fun!  I didn't think they came out too bad for my first time!



But nothing can compare to this beautiful cake!  Dylan's Mom had a friend who made it for her!  So cute!!



Just a couple more pictures of the shower!  It really was a fun time!  I can't wait to say hello to Emma & Dylan's little one.  We were all so happy to be a part of this fun celebration!








3 comments:

  1. Très jolis!! s'il vous plait , pouvez-vous m'indiquer comment avoir la découpe du modèle de la poussette.
    Bonne soirée
    Eliane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved making the invites and the baby carriages! I think we did great! Your cookies not only looked perfect but tasted great too!! Fun baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby shower was so fun and making the invitations was a hoot. Pun intended. Your cookie decorating was perfection.

    ReplyDelete