Google Translator

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Vintage Christmas Cards

2011 Christmas Cards


I am still making our Christmas cards to send out before Christmas!  I love the vintage look of this card! I bought an old, old beaten up hymnal a year ago and have just started using it for my cards.  I used Tim Holtz's Rock candy glaze to preserve the old hymnal paper and add some texture.  The poinsettia die from Spellbinder's adds just the right pop of color to the card.  I also used the faux porcelain technique on my Merry Christmas tag on the front of the card.  I embossed the tag 2X to really give it a porcelain feel! 
Here are a few more pics!



5 comments:

  1. So very pretty! Love the vintage look!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Chris!! was the border a punch or die? I have done so many thing this past 2 weeks but my darn camera is broke..:( i cant show, dang it. Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful I love how you aged the music pages.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The border of this card is a die from Spellbinder's called Fleur de lis.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poinsettia die cut. It's so pretty. Great card...

    ReplyDelete