Google Translator

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Flea Market Finds!

I have spent the last few weekends of summer scouring our local outdoor flea market, Montsweag Flea Market!  What fun!  I am loving just finding old stuff that I remember as a kid.  My husband laughed at me but guess who bought that glass container full of marbles!  Ha!  I think it was because he remembered playing marbles as a kid.  Didn't we all?  I have always loved roosters for whatever reason so I couldn't resist this one!  I actually found this at an indoor flea market in Scarborough called Cliff's. 
These vintage Mason jars are so pretty!  I think the really old ones are purple and hard to find.  But who can resist these pretty blues ones!  I love them! I know they can be found with a zinc lid but these are the ones I remember my Mom using when we were kids.  Nice memories!

The fish, the fish!  He was black wrought iron when I found him!  But in keeping with my nautical bedroom theme- I spray painted him green and blue.  I think he fits in perfectly!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, great shots of your finds. I like the grouping with the marbles. You could leave it just like that on an end table. The fish came out great and looks perfect over the bed. You are giving me the "itch" to go search out great finds. Maybe after our yard sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fish, the weather vane and the marbles. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh dont you love flea markets!! you found wonderful treasures.i really love the jar with marbles. its great therapy to go to flea markets, you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete